- Hunger in Schools/Place at the Table service-learning project
- Online modules for Latino service-learning released at April 23 SLIG meeting
- Corey Johnson and Kathy Thompson selected for 2013 SL Teaching Excellence Awards
- Get good feedback about your service-learning courses—Sign up for end-of-course survey now!
- Service-Learning in the News
A range of grants, awards, and other recognitions exist to support and reward service-learning by faculty members and campus collaborators. These include the Service-Learning Teaching Excellence Award and the Service-Learning Research Excellence Award.
Additionally, the Office of Service-Learning periodically helps nominate faculty members, community partners, and programs to regional and national awards. These include:
- the Gulf-South Summit Awards (Outstanding Community Partner Contributions to Service-Learning in Higher Education; Outstanding Faculty Contributions to Service-Learning Instruction in Higher Education; Outstanding Student Contributions to Service-Learning in Higher Education; Outstanding Service-Learning Collaboration in Higher Education), generally due in December ;
- the Thomas Ehrlich civically engaged faculty award, generally due in March;
- the Ernest Lynton award for the Scholarship of Engagement for Early Career Faculty, generally due in April
The Office of Service-Learning also helps coordinate submission of campus-level recognitions such as the Carnegie Community Engagement Classification and the President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll.