- Hunger in Schools/Place at the Table service-learning project
- Online modules for Latino service-learning released at April 23 SLIG meeting
- Corey Johnson and Kathy Thompson selected for 2013 SL Teaching Excellence Awards
- Get good feedback about your service-learning courses—Sign up for end-of-course survey now!
- Service-Learning in the News
UGA faculty members engaged with service-learning work also have documented the impacts and outcomes of these activities.
Below is a partial listing (PDF) of research publications and presentations from UGA service-learning practitioners.
In addition to UGA's own Journal of Higher Education Outreach and Engagement, there are many possible venues for publishing research articles on service-learning; a reference list is included below.
Community-engaged research is an area that UGA and the Office of Service-Learning will be focusing efforts on as part of our new strategic plan; more details forthcoming.
Additional Resources for Service-Learning Research
Additional research resources include:
- the Service-Learning Research Primer, from Learn and Serve America
- Methods and Strategies for Community Partner Assessment, from Learn and Serve America and CCPH
- Bibliographies on what has been studied in service-learning, from the National Service-Learning Clearinghouse