- Hunger in Schools/Place at the Table service-learning project
- Online modules for Latino service-learning released at April 23 SLIG meeting
- Corey Johnson and Kathy Thompson selected for 2013 SL Teaching Excellence Awards
- Get good feedback about your service-learning courses—Sign up for end-of-course survey now!
- Service-Learning in the News
PSO Student Scholars
The Public Service & Outreach Student Scholars program provides the opportunity for a select cohort of undergraduate students to explore and engage with the University of Georgia’s public service and outreach (PSO) mission. Supported by the Office of the Vice President for Public Service and Outreach, and administered through the Office of Service-Learning, this year-long program is intended to provide deeper understanding of PSO’s purpose, breadth, and depth through supervised service experiences with PSO and communities, to help students link their public service experiences with their career and educational goals, and to create a community of student scholars who understand the role of public service in Georgia and more broadly.
The program was first established in Spring 2011 with 10 students. A 10-student cohort was selected for the 2011-12 program year, and 11 students are taking part during 2012-13. Applications for the 2013-14 cohort were due April 1, 2013, and 12 students have been selected for 2013-14.
See more on Facebook, at https://www.facebook.com/PublicServiceAndOutreachScholars.
Student scholars visit the Botanical Gardens. (Photo: Paul Matthews)