- Hunger in Schools/Place at the Table service-learning project
- Online modules for Latino service-learning released at April 23 SLIG meeting
- Corey Johnson and Kathy Thompson selected for 2013 SL Teaching Excellence Awards
- Get good feedback about your service-learning courses—Sign up for end-of-course survey now!
- Service-Learning in the News
S Designation Course Suffix
Academic courses with a service-learning component can be designated with an S suffix through CAPA, UGA’s online course approval system (e.g., AESC 2990S). The course approval process can be used to revise existing courses or propose new courses by designating the “S” suffix, entering the degree of service-learning in the Non-Traditional Format field of the CAPA system, and by providing evidence of service-learning in the Course Objectives and/or Topical Outline section of the course approval form.
The “S” suffix was developed by the Service-Learning Curriculum Committee in 2007-08 and approved in Spring 2008 by the University Curriculum Committee.
As of 2013, over 60 courses have received this designation.
Look at the FAQ section for more information on the process of designating a course with the S suffix.