Casa de Amistad’s mission is to identify and address the needs of the under-served Hispanic community through direct service, education, advocacy and community involvement in order to create a just and harmonious, multicultural community.
Casa de Amistad is in need of course participation from University faculty and students to help develop the following:
• Fundraising: Students interested in fundraising will work with the fundraising committee set by the Board of Directors. They will work on planning small and large events including percentage nights, and other events. Also, they will assist with assembling donation packets and materials in order to approach large corporations and community leaders to request funds and support.
• Grants: Grant writers will work with Executive Director and coordinators to assess needs, research, and apply for grants. Also, they may work with Casa de Amistad staff and contractors in order to track existing grants.
• Website development will work on website, facebook and twitter to update events, classes, and schedules.
• Social media/public relations: Our PR team will work with the board committee on creating press releases to highlight special events and the work of our organization in the community.
• Manual writing: Students will evaluate classes and asses proper procedures and policies for volunteer and teacher protocols.
• Marketing team: Marketing for special events
• Volunteer coordination: Will learn how to recruit and train volunteers for tutoring, front desk and special events
• Fluent biingual volunteers for tutoring, special events, teaching and working the front desk
• Case management: Bilingual Social Work intern from the Social Work graduate program to help with case management.
• Music: Volunteers needed to help with our youth music program.
• Garden: Volunteers needed to help maintain our community garden.
1685 Commerce Road Suite 1
Athens, GA 30605