UGA has many faculty members making outstanding contributions to service-learning at the University of Georgia. If you have suggestions for profiling a faculty member, please let us know!
Numerous past Service-Learning Fellows have been profiled by UGA's "Focus on Faculty":
- Donna Bliss, 2006 inaugural Service-Learning Fellow
- David Berle, 2006 inaugural Service-Learning Fellow & Gulf-South Summit Outstanding Practitioner awardee
- Hilda Kurtz, 2008-09 Service-Learning Fellow
- Sungkyung Lee, 2010-11 Service-Learning Fellow & Service-Learning Teaching Excellence awardee
- DeeDee McEwen, 2010-11 Service-Learning Fellow & Service-Learning Teaching Excellence awardee
- Kim Skobba, 2012-13 Service-Learning Fellow & Service-Learning Research Excellence awardee
- Carol Britton Laws, 2013-14 Service-Learning Fellow & Service-Learning Teaching Excellence awardee
- Tiffany Washington, 2014-15 Service-Learning Fellow & Service-Learning Research Excellence awardee
- Laurie Fowler, 2015-16 Service-Learning Fellow
- Gary Green, 2018-19 Service-Learning Fellow
- Cari Goetcheus, 2018-19 Service-Learning Fellow
The Office of Instruction annually recognizes faculty with Creative Teaching Awards, including past Service-Learning Fellows Jon Calabria, Cecilia Herles, Melissa Landers-Potts, Tiffany Washington, and Montgomery Wolf.
The Office of the Vice President for Public Service and Outreach also recognizes an annual Engaged Scholar award, for tenured Professors and Associate Professors for their excellent work-- in many cases entailing service-learning. See the listing of past awardees at the bottom of the page at http://outreach.uga.edu/awards/engaged-scholar-award/.
Beyond the university level, faculty receiving awards for service-learning work include:
- Gulf-South Summit Outstanding Practitioner Contributions to Service-Learning Award: Shannon Wilder (2011), Katherine Thompson (2013), Paul Matthews (2016), David Berle (2017)
- IARSLCE Recognitions: Distinguished Research Award, Lorilee Sandmann (2013); Dissertation Research Award, Kristi Farner (2017)