ALCES is an organization dedicated to helping the Athens Latino community become a part of the larger Athens area community while preserving and enriching its own heritage. ALCES furthers that aim by offering education and services that will help people to advance in society and make contacts within the local community. These include programs such as language education, immigration assistance, and advocacy.
ALCES is in need of course participation from University faculty and students to help develop the following:
• Fundraising: Students interested in fundraising will work with the fundraising committee set by the Board of Directors. They will work on planning small and large events including percentage nights, the Latino Festival and other events. Also, they will assist with assembling donation packets and materials in order to approach large corporations and community leaders to request funds and support.
• Grants: Grant writers will work with Executive Director and coordinators to assess needs, research, and apply for grants. Also, they may work with ALCES staff and contractors in order to track existing grants.
• Website development will work on website, facebook and twitter to update events, classes, and schedules.
• Social media/public relations: Our PR team will work with the board committee on creating press releases to highlight special events and the work of our organization in the community.
• Manual writing: Students will evaluate classes and asses proper procedures and policies for volunteer and teacher protocols.
• Marketing team: Marketing for special events developing logo brand name
• Volunteer coordination: Will learn how to recruit and train volunteers for tutoring, front desk and special events
• Fluent Bilingual Volunteers for tutoring, special events, teaching and working the front desk
(706) 549 5002
445 Huntington Rd.
Athens, GA 30606