Job Announcement: AmeriCorps Planning Grant Program Coordinator (temporary, full-time Staff position with the Office of Service-Learning)
Please share with potential candidates! The UGA Office of Service-Learning (OSL) is looking for an energetic, creative, and self-directed individual to coordinate its 2022-23 AmeriCorps Planning Grant as well as support the existing UGA AmeriCorps Network. This Planning Grant focuses on developing new programming that will enhance the scope, reach and impact of collaborations in Athens-Clarke Co., Georgia aimed at reducing food insecurity and food waste. This one-year temporary position is funded with a planning grant from AmeriCorps, with the possibility for renewal pending funding availability.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Convening partners and leading community focus groups
- Investigating successful programs nationally and in published research to develop a logic model, evaluation plan and literature review
- Developing an AmeriCorps grant proposal aimed at enhancing local networks to combat food insecurity; supporting increased production and consumption of local produce; and supporting food recovery and waste reduction efforts
- Supporting current AmeriCorps VISTA members and developing a plan for successful recruitment, training, and support of future AmeriCorps members
- Communicating with state, regional, and national AmeriCorps staff
- Assisting with record-keeping, reports, and program evaluation
The employee will have a unique professional opportunity to positively impact the local community by coordinating and encouraging collaboration through campus and community partners involved in the local food system. This position reports to the associate director in the Office of Service-Learning. Proposed start date is Sept. 1, 2022, and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please contact Paul Matthews with any questions.
To see the full position description or to apply, go to https://www.ugajobsearch.com/postings/273395