- Visit OSL on Facebook
- Hunger in Schools/Place at the Table service-learning project
- Online modules for Latino service-learning released at April 23 SLIG meeting
- Corey Johnson and Kathy Thompson selected for 2013 SL Teaching Excellence Awards
- Get good feedback about your service-learning courses—Sign up for end-of-course survey now!
- Service-Learning in the News
Service-Learning by the Numbers
Here are some quick snap-shots of information about service-learning at the University of Georgia, compiled summer 2012:
- During 2011-12, there were 189 service-learning enhanced courses at UGA, and 361 course sections with service-learning were offered that year. These courses reached over 6200 students.
- As of summer 2012, 51 courses carry a formal “S” designation, with additional course approvals in process.
- 37 service-learning course sectionss were offered in study-abroad contexts in 2011-12.
- 24 First-Year Odyssey Seminar courses in Fall 2011 were enhanced by service-learning.
- As of 2012, service-learning coursework is available in all of UGA’s 16 schools and colleges, the faculty of engineering, and the medical partnership.
- Since its inception in 2006, the Service-Learning Fellows faculty development program has reached (through 2012-13) 55 faculty in over 30 separate departments/units representing 12 of UGA’s schools/colleges plus 3 public service & outreach units, the Georgia Health Sciences University partnership, and the Faculty of Engineering.
- From academic year 2007-08 to 2011-12, OSL provided 47 service-learning mini-grants to faculty members and graduate students, for over $22,000 in support of service-learning initiatives.
- New Service-Learning Research Excellence and Service-Learning Teaching Excellence awards debuted in Spring 2011.